MORE JOBS

MORE JOBS

THINGS I'M GOING TO DO IN THE US!


Alright, so for reasons known only to them, my parents decided to move from Ottawa to a small, Midwestern town in the US. And they actually love it!

So the number one reason I'm going to the US is to spend time with my parents.

Considering that I'm going to be there for Black Friday and After Christmas Day Sale (aka, Boxing Day Sale), I'm completely giddy at the thought of buying stuff for really ridiculously low prices.

Here are some of the things I'm gonna do:

1. Eat in chain restaurants. Yup, Cheesecake Factory's the first on this list and IHOP is a close second. I'm going to eat ridiculously large portions of cheese and butter infested non-foods that are so popular in the US.

Look at the calorie count--It's insane!


2. SHOP--no where else in the world are goods this low priced. And no where else in the world (including Canada) do you ever have Sales of this magnitude. Hooray for America's penchant for conspicuous consumption. I intend to take full advantage of it!

3. Makeup Splurge! So...I've given up hoping that my skin's going to go back to the way it used to be two years ago (before moving to India that is). This means I'm going to have to get concealers, primers, BBs, good quality eye-liners etc, etc and so on. I don't trust the high end makeup available in India--those things are stored in warehouses before being cleared by the customs department. I'm pretty sure the quality gets compromised because it's murderously hot most of the year and there's no way that these warehouses have temperature control.

4. Work out! I've actually worked out for about 2 days/week average for a few months now so I'm proud of myself. Apparently my mom goes to the gym everyday (or so she says) so my workout routine will hopefully be enough to counter the effects of 1. I'm heading to Sri Lanka right afterwards so hopefully I will be able wear a swim suit.

5. BREATHE CLEAN AIR! My lungs might just explode out of sheer happiness of breathing non-toxic air. Will be quite a bummer because health care costs are so high there.

Popular Posts