MORE JOBS

MORE JOBS

HERE I AM, ONE WHOLE YEAR LATER...


And here I am. One whole year later. In the EXACT. SAME. PLACE. Except I'm a year older, and fatter.

So I'm turning 29. I'm one year away from hitting middle age and I still feel the exact same way I felt when I was in the eleventh grade, trying to fake my way through college applications. I still go back to that time when I was so unsure of how the future would turn out. As if the entire thing depended on what major I selected or whether I got the scholarship based on my GPA (I did graduate on the top 5...or was it 7% of my class so I probably would have gotten the scholarship).

Long story short, I did get the scholarship and I enrolled in dun. dun. dun...bio-medical engineering. See, the question isn't whether I got the scholarship or what did I enroll in. The question is, how long did I last? And the answer to that is, less than one semester. Fuck studying bio-medical engineering. I wanted to have fun.

And so I did have fun for a few months until I had to go back and face my parents...which wasn't very fun, let me tell you. But it all turned out okay as we moved to Winnipeg and I suddenly decided to make myself take the burden of getting into medicine. As in...be a doctor....as in, save people's life, prescribe them drugs...you get the idea.

Another long story short--that whole plan blew in my face and I moved to Vancouver. Where I was happy for a while. I loved the fresh air. The snow capped mountains. The amazingly natural yet stroll-able beaches. It's a fucking amazing city.

And another super long story short--I met my husband there. We dated. Moved to India. Fast forward 4 years--we got married. Fast forward two years--we're STILL in India. And India is such a freaking paradox of a country.

I love it. I hate it.

I really, really loathe it to the point of being disgusted by the rich, the poor. the middle class.

And then there are times where I really, really love it to the point of being elated by something as simple as a smile on a food server's face when I say thank you.

So the point of all of this nonsensical rambling is to say that my KAY IN INDIA blog has ended. I'm no longer going to update this blog with my stories of being in India.

But on the positive side, I'm going to start another blog called...well, I don't exactly know what, but it'll have to do with me changing my life and achieving my goals--my guide to self improvement (and not in the Fight Club way mind you).

I'm one year away from 30. It's time that I stopped complaining and start taking charge of my happiness. I have to stop complaining about how I keep getting fatter, uglier, and unhappier (so, I suppose, my goal in the next few months is to be thinner, more beautiful, and happier).

Popular Posts