MORE JOBS

MORE JOBS

HAPPY DIWALI 2013!


Happy Diwali everyone!

It's that time of the year when little markets pop up in the neighborhood, kids run around with sparklers and nylon clothing (bad combination, parents, really bad combination), and my cat hides under the bed due to all the scary noise outside!

I have fond memories of Diwali (called Tihar in my language)--the way it's celebrated in India is really different than what I remember growing up in Nepal, but it's nice here as well. Here's how we're celebrating today:


So we bought these colorful lights in the market and decided to put them in the house.
Beer and cadbury eclairs.
So we have cheap lights and beer (and eclairs!) and unfortunately, cricket. There's a match going on at the moment and I'm sitting with my back to the TV.

Edited to add--we've moved onto vodka.

Hooray Vodka!

So we now have cheap lights and good vodka! Hooray!

In the 'Western' world, it'd be like we're celebrating Mexican Christmas via Russia.

Happy Diwali!

Popular Posts