MORE JOBS

MORE JOBS

THE FIRST THREE MONTHS OF 2013


The first two months of 2013 were insanely fun, and completely unproductive--definitely understandable considering that January and February were so breathtakingly magnificent. I started the year 2013 by taking a quick trip to Goa, most of which was a family vacation + 1 extra day to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

We stayed at this resort called Aguada Anchorage, where you can rent villas in a gated community. It was really, really pretty! Thankfully, we didn't see any lizards in the houses there.


And then, we had our vacation which started with Coorg, then Bangalore, then Mount Lavinia, and then Galle. When we finally returned to Delhi, it was time to get my ass in gear and do something! I had this amazing epiphany where I realized that trips and birthdays and vacations are lovely, but they're not, well real life. Life is what happens in between these things.

So far, I've started driving! People in Delhi/NCR should be afraid. I really don't recommend that foreigners start driving in India if they can afford drivers, but I also hate relying so heavily on someone else to take me around. Also, I don't want the driver hanging around the complex if I have no where to go.

I do, however, have to vent how much I fucking hate driving manual cars! Why the FUCK would anyone need 6 gears when 'D' and 'R' are good enough? If you wanna drive, then you shift the gear thingie to D and drive. If you wanna reverse, then you shift the gear to R and reverse. Why anyone would need 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 to drive forward is beyond me. Don't even get me started on the clutch!

And I've also started yoga. I told the instructor that I wanted to learn yoga to relax and get my ADHD under control--so I thought that meant I'd do breathing exercises and meditation. Nope! I've got a drill Sargent that makes me do something very similar to heavy duty Pilates instead of yoga. That's all good though, at least I'm going to lose some weight by the end of it.

So anyways, here are a hell of a lot of pics from the previous months.

View from the resort lobby at Coorg.

The resort had villas distributed throughout the rolling hills.


View from the breakfast table

Mount Lavinia breakfast area. We enjoyed our third stay at Mount Lavinia! The hotel was nice enough to give us wine and a cake that said 'welcome back' :)

View from our room at Mount Lavinia.

View from the room at Galle

The room. Very natural and raw, but luxurious at the same time.

Beach by the villa in Galle.

There were these tiny little colorful fishes in the middle of this seating area in the garden.


This napkin presentation was adorable!

King Crab! I'm definitely missing the fresh seafood from Sri Lanka! I made it a point to eat as much seafood as I possible could on this vacation.


Jumbo Shrimp!

Cat getting super possessive of my bag when we returned! Poor baby.

I looooooooooooove old books in narrowly packed libraries. It's so romantic. (This is back in Delhi)

I got super excited when I saw an old copy of Pride and Prejudice, thinking that maybe it was a first edition that the Brits may have left behind. Unfortunately, it was printed in 2002. I wonder why it looks so ancient!



Popular Posts